Last modified: April 23, 2017
Rise 4 Real Change, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website rise4realchange.org (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your prior experiences as a mentor, availability for training sessions, and the fact that you have children; and/or
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us in the following forms: Contact Form, UVA Facilitator Application Form, AVID Parent Consent Form, UVA Student Consent Form, UVA Student Survey, and AVID Student Survey.
You may provide to us, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, information which may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you contact us, apply to be a Facilitator, fill out various surveys, and/or sign a release for your child to work with the Company as part of the AVID program at their school.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
At this time, we do not use any automatically collected data for any purpose. If we use such data in the future, We will update this policy. We reserve the right to use such data in the future to enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- estimate how many potential individual counseling clients find us through the Website.
- estimate how many potential schools and non-profit organizations find us through the Website.
- enhance our forms.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us via the Contact Form.
- To process the UVA Facilitator Application and AVID Parent Consent Form.
- To ensure that we aren’t infringing on any privacy rights of the children and parents with whom we work.
- To better the Company’s services by evaluating UVA Facilitator Survey and AVID Student Survey submissions.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our partner schools and non-profit organizations to notify them of the UVA students who intend to be involved with the program and their backgrounds and qualifications for working with minors.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties (which may include donors to and sponsors of either the Company or its partner schools and non-profit organizations) we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rise 4 Real Change LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Rise 4 Real Change LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rise 4 Real Change LLC, our students, our partner schools and non-profit organizations or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information: